The Young Vet Weekend
The Young Vet Weekend
The Young Vet Weekend gives students aged 15-18 a chance to test-drive life as a vet. Learn from real-life vets as they guide you through a series of interactive activities: examine animal x-rays, practise surgical techniques and take part in a simulated patient consultation. You will also get expert advice on how to get into vet school, with coaching on how to excel in applications and interviews.
You can attend either in-person in London or live online. Register now to gain an edge over other aspiring vets, and a super-curricular experience to add to your university application.
- Top vets will coach you through a range of interactive activities, including:
- The vet surgery experience: investigate an animal’s medical history and explore animal anatomy in a simulated vet clinic
- Examine animal X-rays and outline treatment plans
- Practise a common vet surgery procedure and develop your dexterity skills
- Coaching by vets on how to excel at every stage of the vet school admissions process
- Model UCAS personal statements
- Powerful interview techniques
- Practise Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) questions
- Guidance on university choices and work experience
- Hear from successful vets and ask them all your burning questions
- Q&A panel with vets from a range of disciplines
- Attendance demonstrates you’ve gained key veterinary skills, including communication, empathy and problem-solving
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your applications
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required. The programme involves a mixture of interactive simulations, exercises and Q&A sessions. You can choose to attend the programme either in-person or ‘Live Online’; the content is the same for both.
'Live Online’: £165/student for full day
In-Person: £165/student for full day
There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis and programme places are limited.
- 19th March 2023 OR 26th November
- University College London (UCL)
University College London (UCL),
- 19th March 2023 - 11:00am - 5:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.