The Young Lawyer Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Lawyer Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Lawyer Summer Experience Live Online gives students aged 15-18 a 360-degree work experience in Law, from the comfort of their own home. Over the course of 5 days, you will be working with top lawyers ‘Live Online’ via our state-of-the-art interactive platform.
You will experience the real-life work of a lawyer, with opportunities to argue a human rights case before a judge*, handle a murder case from start to finish under the guidance of senior barristers, and attend an interactive session with a group of corporate lawyers.
You will also have the opportunity to network with our lawyers and ask them all your burning questions, just as you would in-person.
Join us for a truly unique experience that will serve as an outstanding differentiator on your university and job applications and set you up for a future as a successful lawyer.
Immersive Legal Experiences:
- Be coached in public speaking/advocacy by senior barristers and then argue a human rights case before a judge*
- Represent your client in a live murder trial: conduct opening and closing speeches, cross-examine witnesses and examine forensic evidence
- Experience Corporate Law through an interactive session with commercial lawyers from international firms
Meet Senior Lawyers From A Variety Of Specialities:
- Be coached through immersive experiences with lawyers from world-renowned organisations specialising in Criminal, Corporate, Human Rights, International Law and more
- Private virtual networking/panel Q&A sessions with these professionals, who can become vital connections for your future career
Comprehensive Career Coaching:
- Training on how you can get one of the most desirable jobs in law, starting now: A-level/IB, university and degree choices; extra-curricular activities; work experience; application and interview techniques
- Experience real-life recruitment methods used by top law firms and barristers’ chambers
- Personalised development plan: create a personalised development plan based on the advice you are given, which identifies your strengths and weaknesses and shows you which areas you need to develop further
Competitive Advantage In Your University Applications:
- Attending the internship demonstrates that you’ve gained key skills such as teamwork, attention-to-detail, public speaking and commercial awareness, which are highly-valued by top universities
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your UCAS/College applications
*Barristers will be presiding as judges
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required; our professionals will give you all the training you need. There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis so encourage you to register as soon as possible.
The Live Online Internship will take place 31st July - 4th August 2021.
Places are highly limited. The only way to guarantee your place is to click 'Register Now' and enter your details.
In select circumstances, we can offer payment by instalments, which requires a 50% deposit. To speak to a Student Experience Manager about your personal circumstances please click here OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call us on +44 (0) 203 488 5089.
|'Live Online' Internship|
|Immersive murder trial experience: Cross-examine witnesses; analyse real-life criminal evidence; perform opening and closing speeches. Coaching on how to become a top criminal lawyer.|
|Private networking session with top lawyers.|
|Personalised career coaching day. Receive a dynamic, bespoke development plan to reach the height of your career ambitions.|
31st July - 4th August 2021
11am - 4:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost. Your AmbitionX membership will be free for one year and after that will be charged at £165/annum; you may cancel any time before renewal.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.