The Young Architect Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Architect Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Architect Summer Experience Live Online gives students aged 15-18 a 360-degree work experience in architecture, from the comfort of their own home. Over the course of 5 days, you will be working with top architects, urban designers and consultants ‘Live Online’ via our state-of-the-art interactive platform.
You will undertake the ultimate work experience to boost your university application: you will design and model two bespoke buildings following official RIBA processes, receiving guided feedback from architects throughout the process.
You will also be coached in design thinking from idea generation to iterative design and spatial concept.
You will also have the opportunity to network with our architects and ask them all your burning questions.
Join us for a truly unique experience that will serve as an outstanding differentiator on your university and job applications and set you up for a future as an Architect.
Immersive Architectural Experiences:
- Leading architects from an array of disciplines will coach you through live, interactive simulations, including:
- Designing two unique buildings in accordance with client briefs, following RIBA processes
- Replicating architectural design processes for the whole journey of a design project, culminating in a final presentation to a group of senior architects
- Explore the latest cutting-edge architectural software, including 3-D designs, gaming software and virtual reality
- Develop your presentation skills and receive feedback on your designs from top architects
Meet Senior Professionals From the World of Architecture:
- Be coached through the immersive experiences with high-ranking architects, urban designers, commercial consultants, and more
- Private virtual networking/panel Q&A sessions with these professionals, who can become vital connections for your future career
Comprehensive Career Coaching:
- Training on how you can get one of the most desirable jobs in architecture, starting now: A-level/IB, university and degree choices; extra-curricular activities; work experience; portfolios and interview techniques
- Portfolio workshop: learn what a portfolio is and how you curate your ideas in portfolio format ready for interviews into architecture.
- Personalised development plan: create a personalised development plan based on the advice you are given, which identifies your strengths and weaknesses and shows you which areas you need to develop further
Competitive Advantage In Your University Applications:
- Attendance demonstrates that you have gained key skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, innovative design, advanced analysis and the real-life application of theoretical concepts
- You will be able to mention in university applications and interviews that you have undertaken key architectural work under the guidance of professionals
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your application
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required; our professionals will give you all the training you need. There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis so encourage you to register as soon as possible.
The Live Online Internship will take place 31st July - 4th August 2021.
Places are highly limited. The only way to guarantee your place is to click 'Register Now' and enter your details.
In select circumstances, we can offer payment by instalments, which requires a 50% deposit. To speak to a Student Experience Manager about your personal circumstances please click here OR email us at email@example.com OR call us on +44 (0) 203 488 5089.
|'Live Online' Internship|
|Walk through the design process step-by-step with a leading architect|
|Design your own bespoke commission, being coached at every stage by top professionals|
|Personalised career coaching: curate an attention-grabbing portfolio, master the art of interviews and network with your peers|
31st July - 4th August 2021
11am - 4:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost. Your AmbitionX membership will be free for one year and after that will be charged at £165/annum; you may cancel any time before renewal.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.