The Future Filmmaker Weekend
The Future Filmmaker Weekend
The Future Filmmaker Weekend takes students aged 12-14 on an immersive exploration of the world of filmmaking. Across 2 days you will take part in a series of interactive simulations, seminars and Q&A sessions, all led by a group of experience industry professionals. The programme gives you direct access to top screenwriters, directors, producers, actors, and sound editors, who will guide you through the process of creating, shooting, and editing short film scenes and answer all your burning questions.
You will also be coached on how to gain a competitive edge in the race for the best jobs in film, with guidance on GCSE choices, extra-curricular activities, work experience and more. The programme will end with a personal and creative 'Project Launchpad', an invaluable starting point from which to begin your journey into the film industry.
Immersive Experiences of a Filmmaker
- Experienced filmmakers will coach you through live, interactive simulations, including:
- Write a script from scratch, using industry-standard software
- Planning and writing your own stories which can be translated onto the screen
- Applying tried-and-tested cinematography techniques into your own original shots, with prizes available for the most imaginative work
- Working collaboratively with your peers to choose the most appropriate soundtrack and sound effects, and applying them to a professional scene
- Making artistic decisions crucial to the post-production process, before working with an award-winning professional to edit the shots together
- Understanding the 'filmmaking mindset' and the exciting future that lies ahead
Why should I attend?:
- Experience a unique, immersive insight into one of the world’s most exciting and creative careers
- Meet successful writers, directors, editors and producers and gain insight into their day-to-day experiences by asking them questions
- Get coaching on how to get a head start on your peers and start your journey into the film industry
- Gain valuable work experience before you even turn 16
This programme is for students aged 12-14. No prior knowledge or experience is required. The programme involves a mixture of interactive simulations, exercises and Q&A sessions.
‘Live Online’: £165/student for both days.
There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis and programme places are limited.
3rd - 4th December 2022
10.30am - 4:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.