The Young Doctor Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Doctor Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Doctor Summer Experience Live Online gives students aged 15-18 a 360-degree work experience in Medicine, from the comfort of their own home.
You will experience the real-life work of a doctor, with opportunities to shadow a doctor on a simulated ward round and observe patient consultations taking place live in a London hospital. In addition, two whole days will be dedicated to medical school application coaching, with doctors training you on how to excel at every stage, including personal statements, applications and interviews.
You will also have the opportunity to network with our doctors and ask them all your burning questions, just as you would in-person.
Join us for a truly unique experience that will serve as an outstanding differentiator on your university and job applications and set you up for a future as a successful doctor.
Immersive Medical Experiences:
- Shadow doctors on a simulated ward round
- Witness patient consultation in a simulated GP surgery
- Develop your clinical reasoning as part of a diagnostic escape room simulation
Comprehensive Medical School Application Coaching:
- Comprehensive coaching on how to excel in the medical school admissions process: personal statements; interviews; UCAT and BMAT assessments; extra-curricular activities; work experience and more
- Personalised development plan: create a personalised development plan based on advice you are given by doctors, which identifies your strengths and weaknesses and shows you which areas you need to develop further
Meet Senior Doctors From a Variety of Disciplines:
- Be coached through immersive experiences with doctors from oncology, surgery, emergency medicine, cardiology and more
- Online networking/panel sessions with these doctors who can become vital connections for your future career
Competitive Advantage In Your University & Job Applications:
- Attendance will demonstrate your commitment to Medicine and that you’ve gained valuable hands-on experience with professionals
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate showcasing your progress through the internship
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required; our professionals will give you all the training you need. There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis so encourage you to register as soon as possible.
The Live Online Internship will take place 31st July - 4th August 2021.
Places are highly limited. The only way to guarantee your place is to click 'Register Now' and enter your details.
In select circumstances, we can offer payment by instalments, which requires a 50% deposit. To speak to a Student Experience Manager about your personal circumstances please click here OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call us on +44 (0) 203 488 5089.
|'Live Online' Internship|
|Immersive medical experience. Participate in patient diagnosis; carry out CPR; live suturing training by senior surgeons; take a patient’s medical history. Coaching on how to get into a top medical school.|
|Private networking with top doctors|
|Personalised, comprehensive, career coaching day. Receive a dynamic, development plan to reach the height of your career ambitions.|
31st July - 4th August 2021
11am - 4:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost. Your AmbitionX membership will be free for one year and after that will be charged at £165/annum; you may cancel any time before renewal.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.