The Young Lawyer Weekend
The Young Lawyer Weekend
The Young Lawyer Weekend gives students aged 15-18 a chance to test-drive life as a lawyer. Learn from top lawyers as they guide you through a series of interactive activities: tackle a human rights case, take part in a murder trial and experience corporate law. You will also get expert advice on how to become a successful lawyer, with guidance on university choices, extra-curricular activities, work experience and more.
You can attend either in-person (London/Manchester/Dubai) or live online. Register now to gain an edge over other aspiring lawyers, and a super-curricular experience to add to your university application.
Top lawyers will coach you through a range of interactive activities, including:
- Participate in a simulated murder trial: review forensic evidence and watch barristers perform
- Public speaking coaching by top barristers
- Human rights experience: analyse the legal and political issues in a high-profile deportation case
You will be trained on how to fulfil your ambitions of becoming a top lawyer
An action plan of how to break into the legal industry, starting now
Coaching by experts on: A-level/IB choices, university and degree selection; extra-curricular activities; work experience; application and interview techniques
- Hear from successful lawyers and ask them all your burning questions
- Lawyers will be from a range of disciplines, including corporate, criminal, family and human rights
- Attendance demonstrates you’ve gained skills that are key to becoming a lawyer, including teamwork, problem-solving, commercial awareness and public speaking
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your applications
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required. The programme involves a mixture of interactive simulations, exercises and Q&A sessions. You can choose to attend the programme either in-person or ‘Live Online’; the content is the same for both.
'Live Online’: £165/student for full day
In-Person: £165/student for full day
There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis and programme places are limited.
- 26th November 2023
- University College London (UCL)
University College London (UCL),
- 26th November 2023 - 11am - 5:30pm (UK Time)
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.