The Young Political Leader Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Political Leader Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Political Leader Summer Experience Live Online gives students aged 15-18 a 360-degree work experience in International Politics, from the comfort of their own home. Over the course of 5 days, you will be working with key figures from the world of Politics - including representatives of the UN, the House of Commons, the Foreign Office and high-profile NGOs - ‘Live Online’ via our interactive platform.
Throughout the Internship, you will follow a rapidly-escalating international conflict simulation which will culminate in you representing a country at a ‘Model UN’ Security Council meeting and then conducting peace talks. Our experts will coach you on the key aspects of diplomacy and conflict-resolution; your task will be to deliver the best possible outcome for your country by advising your country's leader, negotiating with other countries, and representing your nation at the UN. You will also become an MP, asking ministers tough questions at Parliamentary Question time and debating a new bill in the House of Commons.
You will also have the opportunity to network with our Politics experts and ask them all your burning questions, just as you would in-person.
Join us for a truly unique experience that will serve as an outstanding differentiator on your university and job applications and set you up for a successful future in Politics.
Immersive Political Experiences:
- Represent a country in a rapidly-escalating international conflict
- Compose and present a speech to persuade your government to follow your proposed strategy
- Develop strategies that provide for both domestic security and international development
- Represent your national government at a UN Security Council meeting
- Hold the Government to account at Parliamentary Question time
- Debate a new Electoral Reform Bill in a virtual House of Commons
- Public speaking coaching by a speech-writer for Cabinet Ministers
Senior Figures from International Politics:
- Be coached through these immersive experiences by people with experience working at the UN, the Foreign Office, the Department for International Development, high-profile NGOs and more
- Private virtual networking/panel Q&A sessions with these professionals, who can become vital connections for your future career
Comprehensive Career Coaching:
- Training on how you can get one of the most desirable jobs in politics, starting now: A-level/IB, university and degree choices; extra-curricular activities; work experience; application and interview techniques
- Experience real-life recruitment methods used by the political institutions and NGOs
- Personalised development plan: create a personalised development plan based on the advice you are given, which identifies your strengths and weaknesses and shows you which areas you need to develop further
Competitive Advantage In Your University Applications:
- Attending the Internship demonstrates that you’ve gained key skills such as teamwork, attention-to-detail, public speaking and problem-solving, which are highly-valued by top universities
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your UCAS/College applications
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required; our professionals will give you all the training you need. There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis so encourage you to register as soon as possible.
The Live Online Internship will take place 31st July - 4th August 2021.
Places are highly limited. The only way to guarantee your place is to click 'Register Now' and enter your details.
In select circumstances, we can offer payment by instalments, which requires a 50% deposit. To speak to a Student Experience Manager about your personal circumstances please click here OR email us at email@example.com OR call us on +44 (0) 203 488 5089.
|'Live Online' Internship|
|A 3-day ‘Model UN’ experience, under the guidance of FCO and UN experts|
|Take part in a parliamentary debate with a sitting MP|
|Personalised career coaching session: receive a dynamic, personalised development plan to reach the height of your career ambitions.|
31st July - 4th August 2021
11am - 4:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost. Your AmbitionX membership will be free for one year and after that will be charged at £165/annum; you may cancel any time before renewal.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.