The Young Filmmaker Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Filmmaker Summer Experience Live Online
The Young Filmmaker Summer Experience Live Online gives students aged 15-18 a 360-degree summer work experience in filmmaking, from the comfort of their own home. Over the course of 5 days, you will be working with directors, producers, editors and scriptwriters ‘Live Online’, via our state-of-the-art interactive platform.
You will experience the world of filmmaking from script-writing to storyboards, directing, producing, filming and editing your own film, coached through the whole process by experienced filmmakers.
You will also have the opportunity to network with our filmmakers and ask them all your burning questions.
Join us for a truly unique experience that will serve as an outstanding differentiator on your university and job applications, and set you up for a future as a successful filmmaker.
An Immersive Experience of Filmmaking:
- Expert filmmakers will coach you through live, interactive simulations, including:
- Finding your stories and turning them into box-office screenplays, using professional script-writing software
- Working with professional actors to bring a script to life
- Planning, directing, and filming your first original film scene
- Learning professional editing techniques and applying them to your original work
- Have your work featured in our internship film screening
Meet Senior Professionals From the World of Film:
- Be coached through immersive design experiences with filmmakers specialising in directing, script-writing, producing, editing, VFX, foley artistry and more
- Private networking sessions with these professionals, who can become vital connections for your future career
Personalised Career Coaching:
- Bespoke career coaching: you will work with leading experts to create a dynamic, personalised development plan to help you reach the height of your career ambitions. Identify your strengths, weaknesses and areas you need to develop further.
- Training on how you can get into some of the most desirable jobs in filmmaking, starting now: A-level/IB, university and degree choices; extra-curricular activities; work experience; application and interview techniques
Competitive Advantage In Your University Applications:
- Attending the Internship demonstrates that you’ve gained key skills such as teamwork, creative direction, film editing and scriptwriting, all of which are highly valued by top employers within the industry
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your university and job applications
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required; our professionals will give you all the training you need. There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis so encourage you to register as soon as possible.
The Live Online Internship will take place 31st July - 4th August 2021.
Places are highly limited. The only way to guarantee your place is to click 'Register Now' and enter your details.
In select circumstances, we can offer payment by instalments, which requires a 50% deposit. To speak to a Student Experience Manager about your personal circumstances please click here OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call us on +44 (0) 203 488 5089.
|'Live Online' Internship|
|Using high-level software in order to plan, direct, and film your first original movie scene|
|Finding your own stories and turning them into box-office screenplays, using professional script-writing software|
|Personalised career coaching: work with leading film recruitment experts to give yourself the edge to get the top jobs in film|
31st July - 4th August 2021
11am - 4:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost. Your AmbitionX membership will be free for one year and after that will be charged at £165/annum; you may cancel any time before renewal.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.