The Young Journalist Weekend
The Young Journalist Weekend
The Young Journalist Weekend gives students aged 15-18 a chance to test-drive life as a journalist. Learn from top journalists as they guide you through a series of interactive activities: lead a piece of investigative reporting, write your own news story, and try your hand at broadcasting. You will also get expert advice on how to become a successful journalist, with guidance on university choices, extra-curricular activities, work experience and more.
You can attend either in-person in London or live online. Register now to gain an edge over other aspiring journalists, and a super-curricular experience to add to your university application.
- Top journalists will coach you through a range of interactive activities, including:
- News reporting: learn how to structure an engaging story for print and digital
- Broadcast: bring news to life and develop the skills needed to report live on TV
- Investigate: become an investigative journalist and follow the clues to break a story
•You will be trained on how to fulfil your ambitions of becoming a top journalist
• An action plan of how to break into the industry, starting now
•Coaching by experts on: A-level/IB choices, university and degree selection; extra-curricular activities; work experience; application and interview techniques
- Hear from successful journalists and ask them all your burning questions
- Our journalists have all had experience working for internationally-renowned brands. We have previously welcomed journalists from the BBC, The Guardian, The Times, Sky News, Channel 4 News, The Daily Telegraph, CNN and many more
- Attendance demonstrates you’ve gained skills that are key to a career in journalism
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your applications
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required. The programme involves a mixture of interactive simulations, exercises and Q&A sessions. You can choose to attend the programme either in-person or ‘Live Online’; the content is the same for both.
'Live Online’: £165/student for full day
In-Person: £195/student for full day
There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis and programme places are limited.
- 26th November 2023
- University College London (UCL)
University College London (UCL),
- 26th November 2023 11am - 5:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.