The Young Political Leader Weekend
The Young Political Leader Weekend
The Young Political Leader Weekend gives students aged 15-18 a chance to test-drive life in the world of politics. Learn from top industry professionals (including MPs and Foreign Office staff) as they guide you through a series of interactive activities: participate in a ‘Model UN’ simulation, experience a parliamentary debate and get professional public speaking coaching. You will also get expert advice on how to launch a successful career in politics, with guidance on university choices, extra-curricular activities, work experience and more.
You can attend the programme either in-person in London or live online. Register now to gain an edge over other students aspiring to work in politics, and a super-curricular experience to add to your university application.
Professionals from the political world will coach you through a range of interactive activities based on their real-life work:
- Model UN Simulation: take on the role of a UN Ambassador addressing a violation of human rights
- Become an MP: represent your constituency in a Parliamentary debate and get coaching on how to excel when taking the floor
- Try to get support from the Cabinet in passing a new bill through Parliament
- Public speaking coaching by a political speech writer
- You will be trained on how to fulfil your ambitions of entering the world of politics
- An action plan of how to break into politics, starting now
- Coaching by experts on: A-level/IB choices, university and degree selection, extra-curricular activities and work experience
- Hear from successful professionals from the political sphere and ask them all your burning questions
- The professionals usually include a mixture of MPs, civil servants, United Nations staff, political speech writers and councillors
- Attendance demonstrates you’ve gained key political skills such as communication, problem solving and public speaking
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your applications
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required. The programme involves a mixture of interactive simulations, exercises and Q&A sessions. You can choose to attend the programme either in-person or ‘Live Online’; the content is the same for both.
'Live Online’: £165/student for full day
In-Person: £165/student for full day
There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis and programme places are limited.
- 19th November 2023
- University College London (UCL)
University College London (UCL),
- 19th November 2023 - 11am - 5:30pm (UK Time)
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.