The Young Engineer Weekend
The Young Engineer Weekend
The Young Engineer Weekend gives students aged 15-18 a chance to test-drive life as an engineer. Learn from top engineers as they guide you through a series of interactive activities: map a mission to Mars, take apart an electric whisk and delve into robotics. You will also get expert advice on how you can break into the field, with guidance on university choices, extra-curricular activities, interview techniques and more.
You can attend either in-person (London/Dubai) or live online. Register now to gain an edge over other aspiring engineers, and a super-curricular experience to add to your university application.
- Top engineers will coach you through a range of interactive activities:
- Map your ‘mission to Mars’: design the lift-off, journey and arrival alongside aerospace engineers
- Take part in a live teardown: understand the mechanical components of an electric whisk
- Problem-solve with a materials engineer in a time-pressured simulation
- You will be trained on how to fulfil your ambitions of becoming a top engineer
- An action plan of how to break into the industry, starting now
- Coaching by experts on: A-level/IB choices, university and degree selection; extra-curricular activities; work experience; application and interview techniques
- Hear from successful engineers and ask them all your burning questions.
- Q&A panel with engineers from a range of disciplines
- Attendance demonstrates you’ve gained key skills such as teamwork, creativity, problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate to include in your applications
This programme is for students aged 15-18. No prior knowledge or experience is required. The programme involves a mixture of interactive simulations, exercises and Q&A sessions. You can choose to attend the programme either in-person or ‘Live Online’; the content is the same for both.
'Live Online’: £165/student for full day
In-Person: £165/student for full day
There is no application process, and you can secure your place simply by clicking “Register Now”. We operate on a first-come first-served basis and programme places are limited.
- 12th November 2023
- University College London (UCL)
University College London (UCL),
- 12th November 2023 - 11am - 5:30pm (UK time)
As part of your booking, you will receive 12 months’ access to our state-of-the-art tech platform, AmbitionX. Here you will find all of your programme materials and complete post-programme assessments to gain coveted ‘experience points’ to demonstrate your levels of professional development. You will also be able to access any of InvestIN’s Live Online weekend and evening programmes through AmbitionX at no extra cost.
In the unlikely event that the in-person programme is completely cancelled because of Covid-19 then students will receive a refund. We have never yet had to cancel a London summer experience, having successfully delivered programmes during the summers of 2020 and 2021, with strict social distancing and excellent feedback. We shall of course adhere to all Covid-related government guidelines in place at the time of the programme and keep student safety as the highest priority.
If you pay via credit because you postponed a previous booking then the credit note will be reissued to you in full.
If you are trying to register and the registration box is not appearing it is likely because of firewall restrictions on your desktop device.
You may wish to try on your mobile device instead. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the programme you want to register for. We will reserve your place immediately and send you a link to pay by card online.